To type and format text
- In the toolbox, click .
- To create a text frame, drag the pointer diagonally to the size you want.
- On the text toolbar, click the font, size, and style you want for the text.
- Click inside the text frame, type the text, and then do any of the following as needed.
- Move or enlarge the text frame.
- Click a color to change the color of the text.
- Click in the toolbox to insert the text on a colored background. Then right-click in the color box to change the background color.
- You can view the text toolbar by clicking the View menu and then clicking Text Toolbar. If it obscures part of the Paint window, you can drag the toolbar to any location in the window.
- You can enter text into a picture only in Normal view.
- You can insert text into the picture by clicking outside the text frame.
- When the text tool is selected, you can paste text only. You cannot paste graphics.
- You can undo any number of changes by clicking the Edit menu and then clicking Undo for each change.